According to Rzeczpospolita, the Ministry of Health plans to introduce a number of changes to the Pharmaceutical Law. The scheduled amendments include:
- withdrawal of cosmetics from pharmacies;
- introduction of the so-called drug issue charge (a fixed charge received by pharmacies for issuing drugs to patients which is to be paid by patients themselves; seniors, children, pregnant women and people with disabilities would be exempt from this obligation);
- limiting the sales of drugs by non-pharmacy outlets (petrol stations and hypermarkets);
- enhancing pharmaceutical care;
- introducing anti-concentration mechanisms, including the principle stating that one owner can no longer operate several outlets in a given province, even if registered as different entities.